From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm & french keyboard
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 07:03:52
1 Le Sunday 18 July 2010 01:08:30, Dale a écrit :
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 17 July 2010 22:17:32 Stéphane Guedon wrote:
4 > >>> See how fantastic this is? See how this conforms to The One True (Unix)
5 > >>> Way?
6 > >>>
7 > >>>
8 > >>>
9 > >>> See how it looks nothing like XML (invented by a Windows user,
10 > >>> obviously), and actually looks a lot like perl with regexes?
11 > >>>
12 > >>>
13 > >>>
14 > >>> On second thoughts, it looks nothing like perl. There aren't enough $,
15 > >>> @ and % symbols in it. But the regex bit stands.
16 > >>>
17 > >>> :-)
18 > >>
19 > >> Thind this un-understandable !
20 > >
21 > > It's a joke, and it's been going on for a *very* long time :-)
22 > >
23 > > Every time someone mentions hal, and it doesn't matter what it's about,
24 > > either me or Neil will usually post and and tell Dale now is his chance
25 > > to tell us about hal. We've done this about 100 times by now so nothing
26 > > Dale says is new :-) And everyone else usually joins in the fun.
27 > >
28 > > Sometimes, just for fun, we'll turn the hal joke into something against
29 > > perl, or python or anything else really.
30 > >
31 > > If you don't get the joke, you can ignore everything that happened after
32 > > the first person mentioned "Dale"
33 >
34 > Yea, everybody likes to pick on me. LOL
35 >
36 > People seem to forget tho that I have told people to try to use hal,
37 > even with xorg. Sometimes it just works. When it doesn't, remove the
38 > hal USE flag for xorg and life goes on.
39 >
40 > I also think sometimes the joke is on everyone else. Even the guy that
41 > wrote hal has given up on that monster. That says a LOT to me.
42 >
43 > Dale
44 >
46
47 Thank you, it's cool... I have sent three email not because I am angry, but it
48 seemed not to work !
49 You're cool guys, and fun !
50 --
51 Stéphane Guedon