From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:40:15
1 On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:39:17AM +0200, Gevisz wrote
2 >
3 > Moreover, if I had to maintain computers for *other* users, I would not
4 > mind to upgrade their binary distributions every 2 or, better, every 5 years
5 > even if *their* working environment would every time change from Gnome2
6 > to Unity and then back to Gnome3.
7 >
8 > Especially, if it is not my duty to retrain them for this new environment. :)
9 >
10 > But for myself, I would prefer that my desktop interface would change as
11 > little as possible, and only in the direction I want. :)
12
13 I've been running ICEWM for over 4 years, and blackbox for a few years
14 before that. What desktop interface change? :)
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications