From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ftdi usb-serial converter broken
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:29:22
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been using FTDI's usb-serial converters for a few years now with
4 great success.
5
6 I have not used minicom in a month or so and now it's broken
7 on all(3) of the laptops where it use to work. I have googled
8 for a while today, with not luck on this issue.
9
10 It the /etc/minicom/minirc.dfl used to use
11 /dev/ttyUSB0 on several machines.
12
13 Now I get: nu such file or directory.
14
15 CD into /dev and sure enough ttyUSB0 nore ttyUSB* is not there
16 so this is at least a udev issue?
19 Also, I went to rebuild the gentoo-2.6.24-r4 kernel and could not
20 locate the driver item for ftdi (maybe it has been combined into
21 a mega driver or such?
22
23 Note, I still have minicom working on desktop systems that have regular
24 serial (16550) ports.
25
26 ideas?
27