From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:40:18
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:07:52 +0100 (CET) paulie.x <JCD@××××××.cz> wrote:
4
5 > > So to the OP: Configure your terminal accordingly (for console: set
6 > > consoletrans and -font correctly) or if you didn't yet, install a
7 > > unicode-aware terminal program.
8 >
9 > It is not true because I'm already using UNICODE in terminal.
10 > Just man pages are still displayed worst. When I uncompressed one local
11 > man page and viewed raw text (cat man.1 | less) in my terminal, I can
12 > see correct UNICODE characters (among format sequences).
13
14 Did you read the comment in man.conf? It says there is a problem with
15 double conversion to unicode but basically tells to use "nroff -mandoc"
16 without -T option for utf-8 output.
17
18 Sorry, but these are all my suggestions left...
19
20 -hwh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list