From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: IP aliasing problem
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 23:35:03
1 On 10/06/2010 03:17 PM, Grant wrote:
2
3 > The server is remote and hosted so I don't have any control over the
4 > router or network. I've gone back and forth with the host but they
5 > insist that everything is fine on their end.
6
7 Hi Grant. I know less than you about networking, but I am curious
8 about the way you use the word 'host'.
9
10 I'm guessing that you are paying a third party (maybe some company
11 similar to rackspace.com) to serve your (two?) websites on their
12 hardware?
13
14 I'm also guessing that the third party is running apache on their
15 own servers, right?
16
17 These are newbie questions, but I'm hoping to focus our thoughts
18 on the parts of your questions that seem sorta vague to me.
19
20 I'm also hoping to learn something along the way, of course :)