From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This Connection is Untrusted: WAS: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:33:32
1 On 02/27/12 13:43, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 >
3 > Just a small follow-up: A neat server-sided trick I didn't know until
4 > now is HTTP Strict Transport Security [1]. It prevents users from
5 > clicking away SSL warnings and prevents mixed content.
6 >
7 > [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security
8 >
9 > Regards,
10 > Florian Philipp
11
12 This is nice, although, as with all nice things, it doesn't work in
13 Internet Explorer.
14
15 We try to hack together the same effect using Apache's mod_rewrite and
16 redirects, but it's hard to get right. Most off-the-shelf web apps (e.g.
17 Wordpress) do their best to thwart you.