From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: webmail for mobile devices
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 01:45:49
1 On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 09:31:49AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I needed webmail access to the home mailserver for a family member
5 > on holiday yesterday whose VPN couldn't connect and so successfully
6 > installed roundcube - works but the user experience on phone screen is
7 > "poor".
10 > Is there a better webmail for mobile devices? - roundcube has a mobile
11 > theme but its a manual install outside of emerge (easy enough though I
12 > have not tested it.) I ve tried squirrelmail in the past but that is
13 > very poor on a mobile phone.
14
15 This might be a bit of overkill, but ownCloud has a mail module that
16 might be used - it just uses IMAP and SMTP to connect to whichever
17 specified mail hosts. It also has "responsive" design (mobile-friendly).
18
19 It does require some additional setup though.
20
21 There are probably better, more use-specific solutions available, but
22 thought I'd mention this.
25 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
26 GnuPG Key: D6180C26