From: Maik Musall <lists@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg font sizes and resolution
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:05:38
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm trying and googling and manpaging since weeks without success.
4
5 I'm having trouble with a custom application that requests the font
6 "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-128-100-100-p-*-io8859-1".
7
8 128 is not present in /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/fonts.dir. By tweaking
9 the DisplaySize parameter in xorg.conf, I can adjust the requested
10 value of 128 to something like 120 that is present, and then it works -
11 but then my resolution is not correctly set.
12
13 I didn't have these problems with SuSE 9.0 and XFree86. I suppose there
14 must be something where I can configure X to map odd size numbers to
15 those that are really present, but I could not find out where to make
16 this happen. The application mkfontscale is hard masked in gentoo.
17
18 I hope here's someone with some expertise on this stuff? Thanks for any
19 help you can offer.
20
21 Regards
22 --
23 Maik Musall <maik@××××××.de>
24 GPG public key 0x856861EB (keyserver: wwwkeys.de.pgp.net)
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list