From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Conditional TMOUT variable
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:27:33
1 On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:48:15 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I've exported TMOUT=1200 to make sure an absent minded colleague does
4 > not leave his console logged in as root and walk away.
5 >
6 > This has the desired effect - except that when I am su'd in via SSH it
7 > also kicks in and logs me out midstream whatever I have been doing at
8 > the time.
9
10 Where do you set this, in the profile/bashrc? You could test $SSH_TTY
11 before setting the variable, so it is not set for SSH logins. I use a
12 similar method to give a different prompt for SSH sessions.
13
14 [[ -n "${SSH_TTY}" ]] || export TMOUT=1200
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.