From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] How to prevent www-client/mozilla-firefox when I have www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 22:07:06
1 > Hello Daevid Vincent,
2 >
3 > > > > But I have the -bin version installed...
4 > > >
5 > > > Some packages require the firefox or seamonkey source, to
6 > > > build against.
7 > >
8 > > I also have this in /etc/make.conf
9 >
10 > The mplayer-plug-in ebuild contains
11 >
12 > DEPEND="...
13 > || ( www-client/mozilla-firefox
14 > www-client/seamonkey
15 > )
16 >
17 > i.e. it depends on either seamonkey or mozilla-firefox, NOT
18 > firefox-bin.
19 > You'll have to emerge firefox from source to use this plugin.
20
21 Sorta makes the -bin useless (except in very rare circumstances) then
22 doesn't it?
23
24 Perhaps there should be a www-client/mozilla-firefox-headers or something
25 that contains the .h files or whatever are needed for other dependant
26 programs. Or better still, just have the -bin version install those wherever
27 they need to be, so other things can compile.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list