From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 04:07:59
1 > kde-base/kdeaccessibility
2 > selected: 3.3.2
3 > protected: none
4 > omitted: none
8 This one tells me that you've got old versions of KDE merged alongside
9 the current version. I suspect path and library problems are the result...
10
11 My suggestion is to:
12
13 ls -ld /var/db/pkg/kde-base/*-3[0-3]*
14
15 This will give you a list of all old kde packages that are merged. You
16 can then unmerge those, then do a revdep-rebuild.
19 >Packages in world: 457
22 This is a huge number of packages. As Benno suggested, this probably
23 means you have [re]merged packages without the --oneshot flag, so they
24 got added to your world file, and portage now things you require those
25 packages regardless of any dependancies.
26
27 The following script will show you all packages in world that are not
28 depended on by something else. Most (but not ALL!!) can be safely
29 removed from world. For example, sys-portage/portage is not depended on
30 by something else, but it would be very bad to remove it from world!!
31
32 cat /var/lib/portage/world | while read pkg; do
33 count=`equery depends "$pkg" | wc -l`
34 test $count -eq 0 && echo "pkg"
35 done
36
37 This may or may not have an effect on your KDE installation. Mostly,
38 this just a case of portage cleanup.
39
40 HTH,
41 -Richard