From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] USB hard drive puzzle
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:11:29
1 On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:53:53 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > When I power up the outboard hard-disk docking station (plugged into
4 > the usb3 adapter) the computer never sees the docking station or its
5 > hard disk until I reboot the computer. Something in the BIOS
6 > apparently resets some hardware thingy, and then it all works extremely
7 > well thereafter.
8 >
9 > Having to reboot the computer to use a usb docking station kinda
10 > defeats the whole point of usb. (Or am I just being grumpy? :)
11
12 There's nothing wrong with being grumpy.
15 > Can anyone think of some trick I could use in lieu of rebooting to get
16 > the adapter/disk combination properly initialized?
17
18 Does unloading and reloading the xhci module help?
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Veni, vermini, vomui
25 I came, I got ratted, I threw up