From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need coaching with emerge failure logs (Understanting the problem)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:24:27
1 Setup: VBox vm running gentoo(amd64) guest on a win-10 (64bit) host
2 Hardware: HP xw8600 - 2x Xeon CPU X5450 @ 3.00GHz - 32 GB ram
3
4 I seem to be having an inordinate amount of trouble getting X up on a
5 newish gentoo install [amd64] (as guest in virtuatualbox vm on Win10-64)
6
7 Attempting to install the xorg-server which actually succeeded, I ran
8 into a failure to build this:
9
10 xf86-video-virtualbox-5.1.14
11
12 I cannot even begin to understand the log output. Usually I can see
13 something recognizable as a clue, but not here.
14
15 I've attached a hefty log of some 4000 lines and hope someone will be
16 patient enough to try to identify what is causing the problem.

xf86-video-virtualbox-5.1.14_build.log text/plain
virtualbox-guest-additions_build.log text/plain