From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr and /home to another partition
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:14:14
1 If you want to move directories, avoid wholesale symlinking like this as
2 it always ends in tears ...
3
4 Using a liveCD, create your partitions and directories, then copy
5 everything over (rsync or tar is best to make sure its accurate), change
6 your fstab then reboot. When you are happy its working, you can recover
7 the old directories at leisure.
8
9 For the future: I found that since I stated using LVM, this sort of
10 exercise becomes a lot easier, safer and has less downtime.
11
12 BillK