From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TOR-Browser Bundle: And the rest was silence...
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 22:13:47
1 On 02/06/2016 10:08 AM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I got a interesting problem:
5 >
6 > When using Firefox 44, I can watch Videos for
7 > example from YouTube and can hear the audio.
8 >
9 > When using the newest TOR-Browser bundle, videos
10 > are playing fine...but without any sound.
11 >
12 > I have no clue, what happens here.
13 >
14 > Any help to fix that is very appreciated...
15 > thank you very much in advance!
16 >
17 > Best regards,
18 > Meino
23 It is a lot easier to use the tor network by installing net-misc/tor and
24 setting up the proxy on whatever browser you use.
25
26 For instance I use Chrome. I setup a shortcut on my desktop that gives
27 me a a new incognito window that is using the proxy for all connections
28 and the /tmp/chrome directory for the user directory.
29
30 [Desktop Entry]
31 Version=1.0
32 Type=Application
33 Name=Chrome with Tor
34 Comment=Start Chrome with Tor
35 Exec=google-chrome-beta --incognito
36 --proxy-server="socks5://127.0.0.1:9050" --user-data-dir="/tmp/chrome/"
37 Icon=google-chrome-unstable
38 Path=
39 Terminal=false
40 StartupNotify=false
41
42 I haven't had any problems using it this way so far. I hope that you
43 will have the same results.
47 Willie Matthews
48 matthews.willie80@×××××.com