From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Poor mans audio in the world of the great Jack D.
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 00:27:02
1 <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > From time to time I come across software, which directly wants
5 > to talks to good ole' alsa and get kicked by Sensei Jack D. for accessing
6 > a device, which already is occupied by him...
7
8 Well, this is a different question depending if you are asking for a
9 gentoo workstation/server or one of your 'embedded' gentoo boards....?
12 > Is there any way to go or any software to install which enables me to use
13 > Jack D.'ed software and alsa-acessing without shutting down and
14 > restarting that grandmaster Jack D. ?
17 I ran across this qt 'audio app' some time ago but have yet to download it
18 and see what it can do. *maybe* it'll fill the need you have?
19
20 media-sound/qjackctl http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/
23 > Meino
24