From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how updating to gnome3 ?!
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:45:21
1 On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:01:41 +0100
2 Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi people!
5 > I want to upgrade gnome 2.32 to gnome 3.
6 >
7 > First question, is it now officially supported by the gentoo team or
8 > should I keep my fingers away of it?!
9 >
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/gnome/howtos/gnome-3.2-upgrade.xml
11 >
12 > doesn't tell me a lot how to accomplish this task. Is there any
13 > official documentation telling me how to doit, unmasking, flags
14 > etc....
17 > for any advise I would thank you.
18
19 What sort of information are you looking for?
20
21 gnome-3 is marked unstable, so if you run ~x86 or ~amd64 just
22
23 emerge -av gnome
24
25 and deal with any breakage. This is generally how gentoo works for
26 everything. What were you expecting in terms of documentation ?
30 Alan McKinnnon
31 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com