From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:43:27
1 On Saturday 27 December 2008, Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > Quoting Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>:
3 > > Due to a new work situation where extensive use is made of Debian, I
4 > > feel the need to have a Debian-based play server. This unfortunately
5 > > means my trusty Gentoo box is to be sacrificed :-(
6 >
7 > At work we abuse Ubuntu and that means I need to know it by heart, but
8 > I didn't trash my Gentoo install with that brainsucker. I just emerged
9 > virtualbox :-P
10 >
11 > > Best wishes
12 >
13 > Best wishes to you too and good luck in your new job/position!
14
15 Best wishes for your Debian experience - please report back in the future with
16 a comparison between the two. The slots and portage make it relatively
17 painless to combine stable and testing on Gentoo and from the little
18 experience that I have with Debian, you got to be Klaus Knopper to get even
19 close.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick