From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vim broken colours
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:56:58
1 On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Dimitris Kavadas wrote:
2
3 > On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
4 >
5 > After my upgrade to vim 7 syntax colors changed too.
6 > The difference was that it autmatically sets the color scheme
7 > used with dark background.
8 > So just the following addition to my vimrc fixed my syntax color problem:
9 >
10 > set background=light
11 >
12 Well, I never use a black background, except on vt's, on emergencies.
13
14 I already know what the problem was, thanks to the vim list. The perl.vim
15 syntax file used by gentoo is broken. I downloaded the current version
16 to ~/.vim/syntax/ and it is OK now.
17
18 Thanks.
19