From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] undetected DVD r/w device
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:16:20
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 20:24 on Saturday 11 September 2010, Peter
2 Humphrey did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Saturday 11 September 2010 18:50:04 Mick wrote:
5 > > Deselect that which is deprecated and will be removed soon
6 >
7 > I hope it won't. I have one box whose drives the new drivers cannot
8 > detect - at least, nothing I've tried has worked so far.
11 That's the beauty of Linux. When Linus decides he's had enough keeping old
12 stuff hanging around and rips it out, you just put it right back in your own
13 copies.
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com