From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitor complains of no HDMI signal on wake
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 10:38:09
1 On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 7:48 AM Mike Kaliman <kaliman.mike@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > I built a desktop that dual-boots Windows and Gentoo with rEFInd and each
6 > OS has its own hard drive. It's running an ASUS X570 motherboard along with
7 > an Nvidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. The GPU has 1 DisplayPort, 2 HDMI ports, and
8 > 1 DVI port. The processor is a Ryzen 3900X which doesn't have integrated
9 > graphics.
10 > I have two monitors plugged in and both are ASUS VG289Q. Each monitor has
11 > 2 HDMI ports and 1 DisplayPort. They're 4K monitors and I run them both as
12 > 3840x2160.
13 > I'm on "~amd64" and running the 5.11.15 kernel. The config is attached.
14 > I run the proprietary nvidia drivers and rebuild them on every kernel
15 > rebuild (as of writing this email, it's
16 > x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-465.19.01, with package USE flags `X driver
17 > tools`).
18 > General USE flags: `nvidia X wayland gles2 unicode lm-sensors pulseaudio
19 > acl dbus alsa xvmc -amdgpu -nouveau -intel -radeon`
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xorg/Multiple_monitors suggests you need the
23 xinerama USE flag, so try adding that then emerge -avuUD world.
24
25 FWIW xvmc has mostly gone away so you may find vdpau more useful.