From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] php database character set
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 03:00:44
1 On 05/25/2014 10:43 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 >>
3 >> What about the output of "show create database $your_database;"?
4 >> Depending on how the database was created, it could still have another
5 >> character set.
6 >
7 > I was trying to run this command in phpmyadmin:
8 > show create database $temp;
9 >
10 > I'm getting an error message.
13 Oh, lose the dollar sign. It's common to prepend a dollar sign to a name
14 to signify that it's a variable. It borrows from shell, perl, PHP, etc.
15 which all do something similar for variables. It's ugly and redundant
16 there, but email is actually one place where I think it makes sense.