From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to make a boot menu?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:48:27
1 Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
3 > On Sunday, 17 April 2022 16:52:34 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
4
5 >> > Why not try rEFInd? It handles UEFI booting simply, without the
6 >> > no-longer-needed bloat of GRUB.
7 >>
8 >> Hm. If I'm reading the wiki right, it can't handle choice of run levels with
9 >> a selected kernel. Or is that wrong?
10 >
11 > From what I understand you should be able to tweak kernel command line options
12 > in /boot/EFI/gentoo/refind_linux.conf.
13
14 You can only choose between fixed combinations. Nothing like the
15 possibilities of grub to choose e.g. options for resolution in one
16 variable, options for boot system in another variable etc and to
17 combine all of those (without adding an exponential number of
18 options to select from). Not to speak about the possibility to
19 edit the command line freely.