From: cristi <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] gtkam+non-rootuser
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:05:24
1 I'm trying to download my pictures from the digital camera but I can't
2 seem to succeed I get "Could not list folders in '/'.
3
4 An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not claim the USB device'):
5 Could not claim interface 0 (Operation not permitted). Make sure no
6 other program or kernel module (such as sdc2xx, stv680, spca50x) is
7 using the device and you have read/write access to the device." from
8 gtkam although i have ivman & hal started. I get no error when i try
9 to download as root though. I thought i could import direct them with
10 sudo gtkam but i get "(gtkam:11668): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open
11 display:" so in visudo i uncomment the line
12 "Defaults:%wheel !env_reset" and " Defaults:%users
13 env_keep=DISPLAY" but when i get to save i get sudoers file: syntax
14 error, line 19 sudoers file: syntax error, line 22" any ideeas? I would
15 really like to get digital cameras working without logging root, also
16 writting a udev rule for a specific camera it's a bad ideea since all
17 my frinds have different models. Thanks in advance
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list