From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Out of space during emerge
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:40:52
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:22:58 -0500 "Henk Boom" <lunarc.lists@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5
6 > Is it unusual that I lost about 500 megabytes net in the past couple
7 > of weeks due to upgrades?
8
9 That will solely depend on your "world". Note that there might be some
10 packages for which there's a _slotted_ new version wich gets installed
11 at some upgrade points. A new slot means one more concurrent copy of the
12 application in question -- e.g. gcc, which can get big!
13
14 > Also, how do I know whether or not any of
15 > the packages installed were mangled by having run out of disk space?
16
17 What do you mean by "mangled"? Of course, logging might stop at some
18 point and some programs won't likely start at all. But there aren't
19 files deleted or stuff like that...
20
21 -hwh
22 --