From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Not-quite-right Intel graphics
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:32:29
1 On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 16:19:36 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 15:33:02 BST Mick wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:19:23 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > > I'm using my ISP's SMTP server with the same settings as usual. KMail
5 > > > detected them itself
6 > >
7 > > Yes, it does the same here, when I ask it to detect what Gmail wants to
8 > > use, ... then it fails when it tries to set up a XOAUTH2 token via
9 > > akonadi's plugin.
10 > >
11 > > I succeeded by selecting manually individual authentication settings and
12 > > trying them one at a time.
13 >
14 > Do you mind saying which authentication method worked?
15 >
16 > > > Let's see if this goes out, after I spent two days rebuilding the whole
17 > > > system from scratch and setting up yet another new account for myself.
18 > > > I've also tried switching from MySQL to PostgreSQL for storage; so far I
19 > > > see little change.
20 > >
21 > > I've received this fine, via the list, so whatever you've done appears to
22 > > have worked.
23 >
24 > It was that two-day rebuilding operation.
25 >
26 > > MySQL used to be problematic in the early days of akonadi, or perhaps it
27 > > was akonadi itself to blame. I've used both MySQL and PostgreSQL. I
28 > > can't say I've noticed a difference, except PostgreSQL upgrades being
29 > > somewhat more involved between major releases. However, this may have
30 > > something to do with the way I had unnecessarily complicated its
31 > > installation and
32 > > configuration.
33 >
34 > The KDE PIM users' list has a few people who claim to have banished their
35 > problems by switching to PSQL, but I can't confirm that yet.
36
37 This morning I lost the last day's worth of incoming mail, because KMail saved
38 its archive in the wrong place which then got deleted.
39
40 If anyone replied to this, please send again. Thanks.
43 Regards,
44 Peter.