From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: root fs moved, but no init
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:10:27
1 On 07/23/2011 04:49 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > Summary;
3 > Copied / from sda3 to sdb3
4 > Updated the fstab in the new disk (/dev/sdb3 /
5 > btrfs noatime,compress=lzo 0 0)
6 > Updated the kernel line's root=/dev/sda3 to /dev/sdb3 in grub.conf,
7 > but left the root (hd0,0) as it is. So, kernel is loaded from sda but
8 > init should run from sdb.
9 > When booting the kernel successfully mounts /dev/sdb3 as root fs
10 > Then the system halts at one of the freeing memory messages, but I
11 > assume the problem is that init isn't executed from /dev/sdb3
12 >
13 > Since root is mounted, i know i have all the drivers I need in the
14 > kernel. Any ideas why booting stops?
15
16 Are the perms correct on the copied init?