From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable remote login for certain user
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:50:34
1 >> Should I do that via an ssh config setting, in shorewall, or somewhere else?
2 >
3 > I believe the right way would be to add 'account required
4 > pam_access.so' line to /etc/pam.d/system-auth and define login
5 > restrictions in /etc/securety/access.conf (it's also quite well
6 > documented).
7 >
8 > That way you'll block ssh/ftp/mail etc logins for that account, which
9 > should also be prone to brutforce attacks because of weak password.
10 >
11 > The catch is, of course, that you should have pam on your system ;)
12 >
13 > --
14 > Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net
15
16 Can anyone tell me how to find out which users on a system have a
17 login shell (e.g. not /bin/nologin)?
18
19 - Grant