From: Oscar Carlsson <monotux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Static resolv.conf
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:51:42
1 Add -R to your DHCP_OPTS in /etc/conf.d/net and dhcp started using the
2 init-system wont override your resolv.conf :)
3
4 Oscar
5
6 Tuesday 16 August 2005 23.48 skrev Gyuri:
7 > Hell Gentoo users, I have a little problem. I use DHCP with my DSL
8 > router, so my /etc/resolv.conf is updated every time I boot my system up
9 > (when my eth0 get its ip). The value in it works, but it is rather slow.
10 > (sometimes I have to wait 1 minute, but normally I wait 5-6 secs which I
11 > think is embarassing)
12 > I want to give the 2 IP addressess provided on the paper of my ISP
13 > (primary and secondary DNS'es). How can I make resolv.conf static?
14 > Thanks in advance
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list