From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: about the 2007.1
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:04:01
1 On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 07:31:21 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:
2
3 > That is as long as the hardware has graphical capabilities. A text
4 > (curses) based installer would also allow installation on systems with
5 > serial consoles (like traditional *nix system). A well designed curses
6 > application is just as easy to use
7
8 The Gentoo Installer Project uses separate front and back ends, so the
9 same installer has GTK and ncurses inerfaces. There was also talk of a
10 web frontend at one point, which I though ws an excellent idea for
11 installing to several machines on a network at the same time. The sysadmin
12 could boot each machine from the CD then scuttle back to his dark corner
13 to run all the installs from tabs in the same browser window.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 When you said you wanted to live in sin, I didn't know you meant "sloth"