From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 or kernel config - unable to properly boot
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:47:58
1 Am 27.08.2013 22:40, schrieb Francisco Ares:
2 >>
3 >> I think I might have found it. Although I have selected in the kernel
4 >> "menuconfig" to compress the initramfs using gzip and deselected all other
5 >> decompression forms. a simple "file initramfs-xxx" told me that it was "XZ
6 >> compressed data", so now I am rebuilding the kernel with all decompression
7 >> algorithms built in.
8 >>
9 >> I will (hope) soon post the results.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks,
12 >> Francisco
16 > It did not work :-(
19 You could try generating an initramfs with dracut - see if that works.
20 You possible have to change the name of the initramfs in grub.cfg. Files
21 generated with dracut don't have *genkernel* in it's filename.
22
23 If you can boot with dracut initramfs, you can investigate why the
24 initramfs of genkernel does not work.