From: Alex Prinsier <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde problem after installing xfce
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:09:29
1 Somehow this conflict went away after unmerging kdesvn... No clue what
2 it has to do with it :) If anyone knows what could be the cause of this,
3 please let me know :)
4
5 Alex
6
7 Alex Prinsier wrote:
8 > Hello all,
9 >
10 > I just emerged xfce4, and when I now log in again under kde, some things
11 > don't work anymore.
12 >
13 > The home folder icon has disappeared from my bottom panel. When I click
14 > that icon on my desktop, kdesvn launches up giving an error (why does
15 > kdesvn launch up?).
16 >
17 > Also the start menu has changed. The icons are gone next to 'Internet',
18 > 'Office' etc, except for 'Edutainment' and 'Settings' which now have a
19 > standard blue folder icon.
20 >
21 > My terminal icon has disappeared too from another panel. It seams it has
22 > been replaced by the standard terminal program from xfce. 'konsole' from
23 > kde is still installed though, but the icons are gone and it's gone from
24 > the start menu too.
25 >
26 > Anyone knows why xfce and kde seem to conflict?
27 >
28 > Alex
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list