From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD Movie backups
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:23:59
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > For archive purposes is there a simple way for me to make a
5 > bit-for-bit copy retail DVDs I've purchased?
6
7 Some time back, I was almost ready to do something
8 big on my 1000+ dvd collection. I did a lot of
9 research. I got stuck on the raid servers
10 and then abandoned the project. I'm building a
11 new office and stuck in brick and mortar at
12 this time.....
13
14 STROLLER has tried everything and knows what works.
15 He has some very cool scripts (I bet he'd share,
16 if you ask him) I'd strike up a conversation with
17 Stroller. When I get back to it, I was going to
18 also put the great information into a wiki for
19 many others to use....as I think there are many Gentoo'rs
20 that have similar needs and desires.
21
22 Stroller knows his stuff on video, because I think
23 he has tried every piece of software and reproduction
24 scheme you can imagine... (um, I mean related to video).
25 ;-)
28 hth,
29 James