From: Luke Albers <gtg940r@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment 16 or 17
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:09:45
1 On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 18:55 +0000, Fernando Meira wrote:
2 > On 8/3/05, Luke Albers <gtg940r@×××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 >
4 > I don't really understand the problem.
5 >
6 > I use ~x86 for everything. What I pasted in my previous email
7 > works
8 > fine for me. I don't really know what engage is, but I tried
9 > to run it
10 > one time and I dont think it worked, I got some strange black
11 > block on
12 > the bottom of my screen, so I killed it.
13 >
14 > engage is a dockbar and E17 module.
15 > What I was saying is that you masked the packages as -* (for the cvs
16 > version). Masking them with ~x86 would give you the snapshot version.
17 > So, following from you script, you masked them as -*. But, I already
18 > installed a small set (while emerging engage) masked as ~x86.
19 > So I wanted to know if I should just replace ~x86 per -* (and add the
20 > remaining packages) or would I need to unmerge the installed packages
21 > and redo everything using -* for all packages.
22 >
23 > This because is not good idea to mix ebuilds from -* and ~x86.
24 >
25 > Hope it's clear now...
26 > Cheers,
27 > Fernando
28
29 I would guess it would be best to redo them with -* so you get
30 everything from CVS
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list