From: Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Problems: /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:59:09
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 >On 11/9/05, Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>Hi all,
7 >>
8 >>I just tried to install Gentoo 2005.1 on a computer with one 9GB SCSI.
9 >>When booting, I get the following error:
10 >>
11 >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12 >>Block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device
13 >>The root block device is unspecified or not detected
14 >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18 >Most likely you need to reconfigure and rebuild your kernel with SCSI
19 >disk support and the driver for your SCSI controller compiled into the
20 >kernel, not as a module (=Y, not =M).
21 >
22 >-Richard
26 Thanks. I'll trt it. Have to wait for an opportunity to reboot the
27 machine to see how well it works
28
29 Mike
30 --