From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Brother MFC 7320
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:09:48
1 Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen <at> web.de> writes:
4 > I has compile new kernel, but the result is same.
5
6 Setting up printers is often and adventure under linux.
7
8 > CONFIG_USB_ACM=y
9 > CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=y
10 > CONFIG_USB_WDM=y
11 > CONFIG_USB_TMC=y
12
13 Sometimes googling (searching) and reading is your
14 best bet to figure out how to install the brother printer
15 under linux.
18 For example, are you going to hack /etc/
19 (printcap) directly or use an software
20 package such as CUPS and hack the brother
21 support into CUPS? <google is your friend>.
24 > I use the handbook for usb and usb printer.
25
26 I just found this.
27 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Brother_Printer/Scanners
28
29 I have a (brand new) brother MFC-6710DW, but I'm going
30 to figure out how to make it work via the ethernet
31 port. Since you are using the usb port, include that
32 factoid in your google searches. I keep getting
33 "diverted" from working on this new install, but,
34 when I'm done, I'll share the info on a wiki or
35 on bugs.gentoo.org.
36
37 If you document your efforts and then post them to
38 bugs.gentoo.org
39 you can get some more accurate documentation started
40 for gentoo specific installations.
43 Oh, I just found this:
44 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-932120-start-0.html
45
46 <search_string: how to install a brother usb printer on gentoo>
49 hth,
50
51 James