From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Forcing X.org video driver without xorg.config
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:03:23
1 My experience with my own systems is that (at least on mostly older
2 hardware), disabling hal is the only way to get a properly working
3 system. I would suggest trying with hal at first (which you have done),
4 then overiding it with xorg.conf where necessary - but often xorg seems
5 to prefer hal over the conf file so in more problematic cases, compile
6 with -hal.
7
8 They will probably get it working properly eventually, but for the
9 moment hal is one of those things that sounded good in theory, but ...
12 BillK