From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tracking IT work
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:55:52
1 Greetings,
2
3 a somehow offtopic topic ... ;-)
4
5 I assume most of you are sysadmins and IT guys, employed or running
6 their own company.
7
8 How do you track your work for customers?
9
10 Especially the everyday tasks, which sometimes are very short and lots
11 of them are done, hopping from one server/customer to the next.
12
13 Do you use something like the gnome hamster applet? I lost track of it
14 since gnome-3 ...
15
16 I am still searching for an efficient way to track my work as I often
17 get the feeling that I lose money by not keeping enough logs of my
18 everyday work. Also the many todos are often hard to maintain, I don't
19 really like creating tasks in Lightning, for example.
20
21 I'd like to hear your opinions and recommendations, for sure I'd be
22 happy to hear that the tools are available within portage.
23
24 Thanks, Stefan