From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} Time for hardware upgrade(s)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:43:24
1 My motherboard is getting flaky and it's time for a new one. I have
2 an AMD 6000+ CPU, 4GB DDR2/800 RAM, 2TB SATA2 HD, Blu-Ray burner, PCI
3 wireless card, 400W power supply, and ATX case. I could replace any
4 of these components if it's worthwhile for some new feature, but I may
5 as well keep them if it's not.
6
7 The most important thing is reliability and Linux compatibility but I
8 also need HDMI and I figure USB 3.0 is a good idea. The system is for
9 playing music and movies, no gaming whatsoever. If you're familiar
10 with the current hardware scene, where would you go from here as far
11 as a motherboard and other components? Any features a Gentoo'er
12 should look for?
13
14 - Grant