From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is it safe to get rid of python 2.x?
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:07:21
1 Hi,
2 after upgrading glib today I noticed new message from
3 revdep-rebuild:
4 -----
5 Not unmerging package dev-lang/python-2.7.2-r3 since there is no valid
6 reason for Portage to unmerge currently used Python interpreter.
7 -----
8
9 And it removed nothing, despite of "Number removed:1" message.
10 This is definitely something new, as I quickly compared it
11 with another box where no such a message was printed.
12
13 So my question is: can we finally switch to python3.1 and
14 uninstall python2.7?
15
16 Jarry
17 --
19 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
20 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.