From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bizzarre I2C kernel selection
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:11:39
1 James wrote:
2 > I've got a very weird problem. When I go to build either a 2.6.12-gentoo-r4
3 > or 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 kernel on a paticular AMD athlon, I cannot change
4 > the I2C selection:
5 > device driver -> I2C support
6 > option.
7 >
8 > It is a dash. Manually deleting the .config file does not help.
9 > I use 'make oldconfig on this machine' but I not certain
10 > that is what locked out this option.
11
12 One of the other options you have selected depends on I2C so you are not able
13 to deselect it.
14
15 > I have an identical MB with a different video card, that does
16 > not have this problem with the 2.4.12-gentoo-r4 kernel.
17
18 But you are using a different kernel configuration.
19
20 > I even tried to manually edit the .config file in /usr/src/linux
21 > to correct the errant line to look like this:
22 > 'CONFIG_I2C_SENSOR=y'
23 >
24 > but it always remains incorrect:
25 > # Hardware Sensors Chip support
26 > #
27 > # CONFIG_I2C_SENSOR is not set
28
29 I2C_SENSOR is a completely different option from the one that is locked on.
30
31 I2C_SENSOR is a hidden option which appears to get turned on when you enable
32 at least 1 specific sensor driver.
33
34 The option that you have locked on is CONFIG_I2C.
35
36 Daniel
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list