From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] media center with gentoo
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:13:08
1 On Sat, 14 May 2011 08:42:38 +0200, Coert Waagmeester wrote:
2
3 > How can I get X to start up without login straight into XBMC?
4 > Which (xdm,kdm,etc) should I use for this?
5 > Or should I just start an xsession with xbmc out of some sort of init
6 > script?
7 >
8 > On the XBMC forum I have found this link, and will try to get that going
9 > in the meantime.
10 > http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=41739
11
12 The way I do it on my mythtv frontend is to have this
13 in /etc/local.d/mythtv.start
14
15 /bin/su - mythtv -c "/usr/bin/startx &>/dev/null" &
16
17 Then start mythfrontend from ~mythtv/.xinitrc
18
19 That way there's no display manager or window manager getting in the way.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Isn't 'Criminal Lawyer' rather redundant?