From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] auto-email on reboot?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:27:29
1 Am Mittwoch, den 21.09.2005, 07:26 -0700 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > Hi,
3 > Yesterday my NFS server, used for MYthTV storage, but also a MythTV
4 > frontend, seems to have spontaneously rebooted twice. After that all
5 > recordings done for the rest of the day are bad.
6 >
7 > What would be an accepted easy way, meaning not too much software
8 > setup, etc., to get the machine to email my GMail account every time
9 > it reboots? I don't expect that this should happen often, but I'd like
10 > to know when it does.
11
12 That's rather simple. Here's what I did:
13
14 1.) emerge mailx
15 2.) emerge mutt
16 3.) edit /etc/conf.d/local.start
17
18 echo "Mail content" | mutt -s "Subject" -a "attachement file"
19 you@×××××.com
20
21 And you're done.
24 > Thanks,