From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] progress everywhere !
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:01:16
1 On Sunday 19 October 2008 07:25:28 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > OO 3.0.0 compiled successfully in 2 h 29 m on this Core2 Duo machine,
3 > but needed 5,3 MB temporary disk space (ok here, but others beware).
4 > It opened my usual spreadsheets & word-processing files correctly,
5 > but the toolbar needs attention tomorrow. Download is 346 MB .
6
7 Build time is coming down I see. The first time I build OOo (on a 686 amd) it
8 took 12 hours. Now I get similar to you - 2h14
9
10 > Does anyone know why it wants 'xulrunner', which is not a use flag here ?
11
12 It's this:
13
14 DEPEND="${COMMON_DEPEND}
15 nsplugin? ( || ( net-libs/xulrunner:1.8 net-libs/xulrunner:1.9
16 =www-client/seamonkey-1* )
17 >=dev-libs/nspr-4.6.6
18 >=dev-libs/nss-3.11-r1 )
19
20 And later we have this snippet:
21
22 pkg_setup() {
23 if use nsplugin; then
24 if pkg-config --exists libxul; then
25 BRWS="libxul"
26 elif pkg-config --exists xulrunner-xpcom; then
27 BRWS="xulrunner"
28 elif pkg-config --exists seamonkey-xpcom; then
29 BRWS="seamonkey"
30 else
31 die "USE flag [nsplugin] set but no installed
32 xulrunner or seamonkey found!"
33 fi
34 fi
35 }
36
37 So basically it is dependant on the nsplugin USE flag, and will look for
38 xulrunner or seamonkey to build against. If neither are found, you have an
39 error condition.
40
41
42 --