From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer plugin
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:06:26
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I was using mplayerplug-in until it was substituted in the tree for gnome-
5 > mplayer. I was happier with mplayerplug-in because I could also access the
6 > stream/file in /tmp/ and save it, resize it, replay it, etc.
7 >
8 > With gnome-mplayer all I get is a socket in /tmp which I can't access directly
9 > - mplayer won't play it. The embedded video is always at maximum size filling
10 > up the browser window and at poor quality videos the picture deteriorates. On
11 > top of it I find gnome-mplayer is a bit clunky with regards to its controls (I
12 > can't just drag the cursor to watch a previous point in the video as smoothly
13 > as I could with mplayerplug-in). Is there a better alternative, more akin to
14 > the mplayerplug-in?
17 If you have Firefox installed, you can use 'download helper' to grab
18 those videos really easy. It works on youtube and other sites really well.
19
20 Dale
21