From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Yahoo and strange traffic.
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:35:21
1 Joshua Murphy wrote:
2 > Yep, but... just from a glance at their bug tracker and their commits
3 > list... they made quite a few changes to the Yahoo plugin's handling
4 > of avatars and such in January that're in 4.4... so their go-to answer
5 > on Yahoo avatar related issues seems to be "Try it on 4.4, then come
6 > back if it's still broken."
7 >
8 > So... to save a little time and effort when that answer's thrown
9 > around... might be best to test with that. I don't have QT or anything
10 > that depends on it on any of my boxes (the only box I actually have X
11 > on right now's my netbook, so adding's not even a feasable option) and
12 > my yahoo account went dead a few years ago, so I'm not much use for
13 > testing.
17 Then I guess they would have to look at the bug report then.
18
19 [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.4.5-r1 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
20 contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
21 privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
22 zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
23 (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed
24 -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"
25
26 Since I am on 4.4.5 already, I am using their preferred version. My
27 current fix, just close Kopete. I'll see if that keeps it from doing
28 this. lol I bet that works too.
29
30 Maybe 4.5.* will be better.
31