From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:39:17
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 August 2010 09:13:29 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> # equery belongs /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la<http://libxfce4util.la>
7 >>> [ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la
8 >>> <http://libxfce4util.la> in *... ]
9 >>> #
10 >>> "
11 >>>
12 >> Equery doesn't give any results because it is not installed.
13 >>
14 > If it weren't installed it wouldn't be able to announce what it was
15 > searching for and where :-)
19 Some new people think it knows where things come from even if it is not
20 installed. It can't do that so I posted that in case the person didn't
21 know. Then I posted a way to find out even if a package is not
22 installed. I didn't know about that website until someone pointed it
23 out to me many ages ago.
24
25 It would be neat if it could do that tho. Just have no idea how it
26 could. ;-)
27
28 Dale
29