From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pop up windows with text message
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 23:17:30
1 On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:54:31 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I would like to check if file is present via and open a terminal window
4 > with a simple message. I think a simple bash script and a cron job
5 > would do the trick or is there a better solution?
6 >
7 > I've tried cron + bash script
8
9 I think incron may be a better fit, its jobs are triggered by file
10 creation, deletion or modification.
13 > When I open terminal and type: "terminal" new windows pops up
14 > But if close all the terminals and run wall.sh script the terminal will
15 > not open. I get an error message: (terminal:24945): Gtk-WARNING **:
16 > cannot open display:
17
18 You probably need to export DISPLAY in your script.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.