From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get sound
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:02:00
1 On Sunday 14 May 2006 19.31, Tito Valentin wrote:
2 > Thierry,
3 >
4 > Here is what my sound card is based on lspci:
5 >
6 > 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
7 > (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
8 >
9 > I can add the card manually when I do:
10 >
11 > # modprobe snd
12 >
13 > But after that, if I play something I get the following error:
14
15 Take a look in /lib/modules/<your_kernel>/kernel/sound/pci
16
17 and try to load some of the modules you find there. Your card seems to be AC97
18 compatible - however I found mails with mixed problems/success messages for
19 various distribution.
20
21 One thin I have seen as well was that it seemed to work with OSS better than
22 with ALSA, I don't know if that's true.
23
24 I've got a 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 family) and it runs using the
25 snd-intel8x0 driver.
26
27 Thierry
30 Stupidity is like a fractal; universal and infinitely repetitive.
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list