From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] btrfs conversion: first impressions
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 09:26:51
1 On Wed, 14 May 2014 10:54:35 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > No, because each element of the RAID is encrypted separately, so
4 > > btrfs can still use the good one to repair the bad one. If you were
5 > > to create an mdadm array, put dm-crypt on that and then btrfs on
6 > > top, which is more efficient because it encrypts each byte only
7 > > once, then you would lose the check and repair facilities.
8 >
9 > What RAID? I think of a laptop with only one SSD inside. You mean the
10 > duplicated metadata in this case?
11
12 Ah right. I've got RAID n the brain because I'm currently resizing the
13 partitions for a ZFS RAID so I can try out btrfs... and it's all your
14 fault for starting this thread and piquing my interest in btrfs again!
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.